Being a beginner, makeup tips are necessary because it is a world waiting to be explored. Being a beginner at doing makeup can be really challenging.
You tend to think about popular makeup stars and ask how did they get to do it so perfectly? You care so much about how horrible your eyebrows are, even after watching a series of youtube videos.
We’ve put together a list of 17 simple eye makeup tips for all the beginners out there who have been overwhelmed by all that they come across in the world of makeup.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the tips and techniques. Shall we?
The following makeup tips will let you know that you don’t have to be a makeup artist to apply your makeup properly. And these makeup tips will save you time and make your overall appearance beautiful.
17 Makeup Tips Nobody Told You
1. Tightlining Tightlining is a very easy makeup trick to help us achieve longer, thicker and full looking lashes. It is also referred to as the invisible liner, which simply requires you to line your upper lash line instead of above your lashes. As this will give the illusion of thicker lashes.
2. Airbrush without using an airbrush!
You don’t need an airbrush for you to have that airbrushed look! Yes, I said it. The beauty blender is a less expensive and reusable makeup sponge that gives room for nice and even foundation application It gives the same effect as using an airbrush and this will never crease up your makeup and leave brush streaks on your skin. Also, it can last for months before a replacement will be needed.
3. Face Shape For the application of blush, there is no one correct or accepted way. Many people have come to believe that there is only one correct way to apply blush. For correct blush application, take your face into utmost consideration. This is because there is an accepted way to apply blush depending on your face shape. It will enhance your looks and make you get the most out of your product.
4. Blend Your Foundation Outwards! Rubbing foundation all over your face will make it look like you are actually wearing a mask or you’re trying to cover up something on your face. This majorly contributes to creasing.
When you are applying foundation, double up the foundation on places where you feel you need more coverage and blend it out! It’s that simple.
The most common places where you might need more coverage is under eye bags the nose where you have dark acne spots and hyperpigmentation.
5. Prep Your Lips
Make your lips lipstick ready by using a baby toothbrush to exfoliate your lips. If you don’t like the sound of that, you can use a homemade sugar scrub to exfoliate your lips. This will make your lipstick glide on your lips, instead of skipping
For the scrub, get :
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
A tablespoon of honey.
Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with one tablespoon of coconut oil and honey.
Apply to your lips and scrub gently.
6. Make Your Eyes Appear Bigger!
This is my favorite of all the makeup tips I want to share with you. By the way, if you don’t have a white or nude liner, get one!
For the illusion of naturally larger or bigger eyes, line your waterline with a white or nude eyeliner and that’s basically it.
It extends the “white” in the eye thereby making your eyes look like they are bigger and wide awake.
A white liner works extraordinarily well if you are quite light skinned.
7. Remove Mascara Stain With Ease
If you get scared whenever your mascara wand is combing your eyelashes, you will get mascara stains on your skin. Don’t smear your eye makeup by trying to clean the stain off when it’s still wet.
Let it dry then use a cotton ball to remove the mascara. It is easier to remove a dry mascara stain than when it is wet.
8. Keep Your Eyeliner In place There are days where eyeliners start to “bleed” almost after applying it. Most eyeliners tend to smudge at some point during the day but those that smudge the most are not water-proof.
To keep your liner from straying, dab little loose or pressed powder underneath the liner which is on your bottom lid. This will act as a barrier to the unwanted movement of the liner.
9. The Lip Cheat Want Angelina Jolie’s kinda lips? Here are a few makeup tricks to make you achieve one.
Try a glossy lip color
OR For a more dramatic effect,
Slightly line your lips outside the normal lip line. Be careful not to over-do this because it can make you look like a clown real quick.
NOTE: Be careful not to over-do this because it can make you look like a clown real quick.
10. DIY Tinted Moisturizer This is similar to a B&B cream and you can make one from the comfort of your room. All you need is a bit of face moisturizer and your concealer. Mix these two together and there you have your homemade tinted moisturizer.
Use this on days you don’t feel like wearing a foundation on your face. You can also control the amount of coverage you get.
11. Revamp Your Mascara Wands A lot of people have made that mistake in the past. There’s no need throwing those mascara wands away when it can be washed and used as an eyebrow brush. This saves money and it works just fine.
12. 3-D Lip Effect Get the 3-D lip effect by simply dabbing a bit of frost or shimmering eyeshadow on your finger. Use your finger to apply the eyeshadow to the center of your top and bottom lips. Simple, yet elegant.
13. Use Tape Eye Stencil This beauty aid will help and guide you to in order to have a flawless eyeshadow application. It also helps when drawing the cat-eye.
It will also help both eyes to have an even and balanced eye makeup application, without wondering about one eye makeup neater than the other.
14. No more creasing!
If your eyeshadow creases soon after application or by the end of the day, this makeup tips is for you- You need an eyeshadow primer.
Prime your eyes first- this will serve as a base for your eyeshadow. It will fill up any creases on your lids that can make your eyeshadow crease up. If your eyelids are not oily, some concealers can work perfectly as your primer.
On the other hand, if your lids are oily, get a quality eyeshadow primer. In addition to filling up creases, eyeshadow primers make eyeshadow colors more sharp and vibrant.
15. Use a business card or plastic spoon Do this to cover the skin under your eyes when applying mascara on your bottom lashes. This will prevent the mascara from getting onto your skin while it’s still wet.
16. Highlight Use highlights for a wide-awake, bright and beautiful eyes. White, pearl or cream eyeshadows are perfect for highlighting specific areas of the eyes. For the highlight and extra glam, apply under your brow bone, inner corners of the eyes and the center of your eyelid.
17. Don’t pump your mascara!
Pumping mascara is what literally everybody does. Pushing the mascara in and out will only constitute it drying up because the air will make bubbles in the tube. thereby causing it to get clumpy and dry.
To make your mascara easy to apply, roll it in your hands for a while or put it into a mug of slightly hot water. This will liquidize the mascara without letting air into the tube.
Eye Makeup Tips For Beginners
To avoid your base from ruining due to eyeshadow fall-out, finish your eye makeup first and then proceed with the base to ensure your makeup looks fresh.
If you are planning to wear loud eye makeup, keep the lips subtle. It’s always best to emphasize one feature at a time.
To make your eyes look brighter and youthful, highlight the inner corner of the eyes with a light color of eyeshadow.
If you want to instantly curl your stubborn lashes, use a blow-dryer on your curler (ensure it’s not too hot) before you curl them – this way, they will stay curled for longer.
If you’ve got too much of a product, say eyeshadow, use a blotting paper to remove the excess eyeshadow without disturbing the eyeliner.
There are various brow products available in the market. Pick a shade that best suits your hair color and fills in any gaps using the product.
The most important thing to remember while defining your eyebrows is to keep the look as natural as possible. For this – make sure to blend the product out properly to avoid any harsh lines and such.
Use a subtle highlighter right beneath the brow, under your arch to show off the shape and to add height to your brows.
If your eyebrows are out of control, use an eyebrow gel to keep them in place. They also tend to look a lot better and groomed with just a little bit of that gel.
Do you want to know the best trick in the book? For a bolder look, use an angled stiff brush and wet it before you fill your brows in with matte brown eyeshadow.