I’ve been dying to share these incredibly delicious muffins with you guys for weeks now but I wanted to wait until the time was just right. Because I know as soon as January 1st arrives, we’re all on the Eat Healthier Train and that immediately makes chocolate muffins seem like the devil.
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy unsalted peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a blender, starting with the wet ingredients first, combine everything (except chocolate chips) and blend for about 30 seconds, or until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the chocolate chips to the blender and gently stir together by hand. Pour the batter into the muffin tin so that each is approximately 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top then place them in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats for allergies.