These Keto Sausage Rolls are perfect for breakfast, meal prep, an easy dinner or even an appetizer! The keto dough is a spin on your basic fat head dough. I have experimented with lots of variations and I find this to be the most reliable. I use almond flour, flax seed meal, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and NO eggs.
The crust reminds me a bit of pastry dough, it is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. It is also very pliable and easy to work with.
Ingredients:For the Rolls:
- 2 cups shredded mozzarealla cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
For the Filling:
- 1/2 pound cooked breakfast sausage, drained
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
For the Rolls:
- In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Add the almond flour and ground flax meal.
- Mix the dough well until you have a soft ball
- Between two silicone baking mats or parchment paper roll the dough into a rectangle roughly 12x9.
For the filling:
- Combine the sausage and cream cheese.
- Spread the sausage cream cheese mixture evenly on the dough.
- Starting at one end roll the dough as tightly as you can into a log.
- Slice into rolls about the width of two fingers, be careful not to slice them too thick because it will be difficult for the dough in the center to cook through.
- Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.